Ito na ang last stop ko para sa aking photowalk sa Intramuros ang Manila Cathedral...
Paano nga ba natayo o nagsimula ang Manila Catheral ayon kay Wikipedia.........
The Manila Metropolitan Cathedral-Basilica (also known as the Cathedral-Basilica of the Immaculate Conception and informally as Manila Cathedral) is the cathedral church of the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Manila. It is located in the Intramuros district of Manila in the Philippines. The cathedral has been damaged and destroyed several times since the original cathedral was built in 1581; the sixth and current incarnation of the cathedral was completed in 1958 and was consecrated as a minor basilica in 1981. It is dedicated to the Patroness of the Philippines, Blessed Virgin Mary under the title Our Lady of the Immaculate Conception. The current Archpriest of the Cathedral is Cardinal Gaudencio Rosales.
Narito ang ilan sa mga larawan na sa loob ng Manila Catheral.
Ang Museo at kasaysayan ng Manila Catheral.
At syempre isama na rin natin ang nasa paligid ng Manila Catheral walang iba kungdi ang Palacio De Gobernador.
|Plaza de Roma, with the statue of King Carlos IV of Spain|
Ayon ulit kay Wikipedia ang Palacio De Gobernador.
Residence and office of the governor general. Although the site for the governor’s palace facing the Plaza Mayor had been determined early on, no structure was built on it until the late 17th century. In the beginning, the governor’s residence was apparently built nearer Fort Santiago, facing Plaza Militar.
The palace was rebuilt at its present site by Gov. Gen. Fausto Cruzat y Góngora (1690-1701) following an atrial plan, divided by a wing that bisected the open atrium. The southern half housed the governor’s residence on the superior floor and the Secretaría de Gobierno on the lower floor, while the northern half housed the Real Audiencia or Supreme Court. The Audiencia occupied the northern wing until it acquired a building of its own in 1788.
In 1850, Gov. Gen. Narciso Claveria gave the palace a new façade in the Neoclassical idiom. The earthquake of 1863 damaged the palace. Plans to restore it were abandoned when another earthquake in 1880 struck Manila. By then the governor had transferred residence to Malacañang in the San Miguel district, upstream of the Pasig.
The building was in ruins until its remaining walls were integrated into 14-story building, called Palacio del Gobernador. The structure houses government offices and the Intramuros Administration.
So paano hanggang dito na lang, sana may natutunan kayo kahit paano sa atin malaking kasaysayan sa loob ng Intramuros.
Sa susunod na Photowalk ulit..