Hio ma mga kablog, andito naman ang aking munting photowalk, at syempre kaunting kaalaman para sa ating lahat.
Kagaya ng aking nasabi dati nakasama ako sa isang magandang grupo, kaya naman laking tuwa ko dito dahil sa dami ng aking natutunan mula sa basic hanggang sa mga ilang mga teknik sa camera.
Isa sa mga destination na aming pinuntahan ay ang Carriedo Fountain.
Isa sa mga Landmark ng Sta.Cruz ang Carriedo Fountain dahil isa to sa mga dahilan kung bakit nagkaroon ng tubig sa kalakhang Maynila noong 1743 sa pangunguna ni Francisco Carriedo "Manila's Greatest Benefactor".
Sa palibot naman ng Carriedo Fountain makikita ang ilan sa mga sikat na lugar, ang Sta. Cruz Church, Chinatown/Binondo Street, Monte de Piedad and Savings Bank at Plaza Goiti now known as Plaza Lacson.
Ang Binondo Street ay isa sa mga sentro ng komersyo sa Pilipinas noong panahon ng mga kastila, kung ihahambing ito sa kasalukuyang panahon ito ang Ayala Ave ng Makati.
Sta. Cruz Church
According to http://manilahub.blogspot.com
The name “Monte De Piedad” means “Mountain of Mercy”. Probably because this bank served as a pawnshop of the church for the people during those days. Monte de Piedad was originally located inside the Intramuros when it was first inaugurated on August 2, 1882. In 1894, it was transferred to Monte De Piedad Building (Now Prudential Bank Building) in Plaza Goiti (Now Plaza Lacson).
In 1938, the bank was transferred in its new location in front of the Sta Cruz Church. This building was destroyed during the Second World War however it was reconstructed in 1946, and then resumed its operations in 1947. Even former Philippine President Manual Quezon was also part of its rich history, at one time he became employed in this bank as a clerk.
During the 1990s, the bank was rehabilitated by Singapore’s Keppel Group, and then changed its name to Keppel Bank. At present, as part of a broader strategy of stepping up its deals in fast-growing markets in Asia, the bank was finally acquired by General Electric Co.
MWSS commissioned national artist Napoleon Abueva to do a replica of the original Carriedo Fountain that would stand on the spot where the original used to stand in Balara. It took a year for Abueva to come up with a beautiful rendition that won’t be suspected as a replica using plaster as chief material.
Original Carriedo fountain now stands at Plaza Santa Cruz.
Post Sign Sources:
Almanac for Manilenos by Nick Joaquin
Letras y Figuras by Dr. Jaime Laya
So paano hanggang sa muling paglalakbay na lang.