Here are the some unforgettable lines of the best lawmaker in the Philippine, Senator Miriam Defensor-Santiago.
1. I eat death threats for breakfast.
2. No, I don’t want to watch these clowns. I die a thousand deaths every time a corrupt politician appears.
3. Anong tawag ‘pag nagtapon ka ng basura sa dagat? Sagot: Pollution. Ano naman ang tawag kapag tinapon mo sa dagat ang mga pulitikong kurakot? Sagot: Solution.
4. I will not spend my adult life answering obviously false charges. But I will exert every effort to resist the charge that I lack sex appeal.
5. They should be chopped into a thousand pieces and fed to the sharks in Manila Bay. But it is problematic whether the sharks will eat them, out of a sense of professional courtesy!
6. Entering politics is a fate worse than death.
7. My ambition is more modest. I desire only to be known as the Demi Moore of Philippine politics.
8. I do not subscribe to the school of thought that I am leading the presidential polls because of my beautiful legs.
9. The chances of me quiting are like the chances of a snowball in hell.
10. I have only entertainment value in Philippine politics.
11. I do not have any strong desire to remain in government. When my task is done, I shall be happy to leave and enhance my love life with my husband.
12. This is goodbye. I shall not importune you any longer. I shall fade into the night like Batman.
Written : Jerome Papa Lucas